my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, March 21, 2005

ah, a virgin blog.

What is this bloggish thing? I just created it to blab on a friend's blog that wouldn't accept "anonymous" comments, and here I am.

Just signed my son up for Kindergarten, an interesting process. I thought I was ready but felt like a kid being held after class when the school secretary pulled paper after paper that was incomplete. (I'd stopped filling out the emergency card when I realized I didn't know my friend's address--I'd been to her place umpteen times but never had the address written down. I wrote a fake one; what, they're going to mail her something in an emergency?) Finally got done, and she didn't reject us for missing one required vaccination (as I feared she might), but accepted the papers, pending G's annual exam in May. Still, even after having convinced myself that this school just might be acceptable, we may get bumped for space. Help me God! I don't need more dyspepsia.

On to the new adventure of Summer Care! It looks like we'll go with the school his daycare funnels into. They charge the same as now with a small additional fee for daily swim lessons, which I'll gladly pay. I'd love to see him swimming without flotation aids by summer's end! How fabulous that would be.

Oh, lordy, I'll have to figure out how to pack him a lunch for this fall. Haven't had to yet. Do I brown-bag it, or try to have him remember to bring back pieces of tupperware and a reusable lunch bag? Questions, questions.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home