my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I have no right

to complain... but I am so glad that today is Graham's last day at his preschool. It has become a royal pain to get us out of the house on time, so that I can drive him there, park, walk him in, sign him in, walk back, and drive to work--early enough so that I can leave on time to get him before 6PM.

His school is 1/2 mile from the house, about 8.5 blocks. I'm hoping to, as weather allows, bike there. I think it'll be faster than driving, as the front of the school has 3, count 'em, 3 drop-off spaces. For a school of 529, well, do the math.

And then I can bike to work, which always puts me in a better mood.

But there are folks for whom the commute to daycare alone is 1/2 hour or more. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home