my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A little better

Got a buncha stuff done today (well, out of necessity, of course), and am feeling much calmer. Of course, my sister kindly left totally late and is getting here around midnight, so I vacuumed the whole house and even mopped the kitchen floor, which just gives me tingles of accomplishment. And I put a newly laundered tablecloth on the table (and if you don't look too closely, you don't see the oil stains. What the heck were we eating last time?).

We'll power walk in the AM, then get our stuff together, go to Ross & Mervyns for a dress for me and dress shoes for G, head down to Santana Row (I can't help hearing guitar riffs when I say that) to the Crate & Barrel to buy the happy couple some items off their registry, and then down to lovely Carmel for the weekend. Where, God help us and the creeks don't rise, it will be sunny all weekend. NOT cloudy. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home