my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Saturday, September 03, 2005

A good day

G and I went to the Cal vs. Sacramento State football game today. We used the vouchers for free General Admission tickets. Well, I guess they were trying to pack the stadium (and they did), as Sac State is not part of our usual division. They held their own for the first half, I must say! Then the coach must have yelled at the Cal players and apparently, they whomped 'em in the 2nd half, scoring 31 points to their 0. We didn't see it because we left just after the half, G having met his breaking point and my not wanting to try the patience of the woman behind us any more.

It was great to see my old friends from Cal Band, plus a girlfriend and sister. We don't see each other very often at all. TC, one of the Cal Band friends, and I met up last year at the Pride Parade and she walked in the parade with us. She was a little tripped out by people clapping for her, but I said, "Just wave," so she giggled and was a Surrogate Mom for a day. She is a sweet friend. She left with us after the halftime show and I ran into another old friend from Cal Band, a little after TC was in the band. He and we chatted a bit, then he asked how long we'd been together. More giggling.

We walked down through campus, gaining ivy leaves for our Cal caps on the way (G's idea), and parted at Berkeley BART, as she had to get on home, and we wanted to check into the Berkeley gaming store, me for more origami fodder and G for some tchotchke (which he earned by being such a good kid at the Carmel house last weekend, full to the gills with delicate, expensive, breakable stuff just at fondling height). I also got a book of paper dragons--not sure who it's for, but couldn't leave it behind! Maybe we'll cut it out together in a while.

G conked out in the car and is still sleeping. I really kinda like days that wear him out this much! Time for me to do some knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home