my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, August 29, 2005

Big, brave kid and mushy mom

So I took G to his first day at Kindergarten today. He was a little jittery at first, asking if he would know ANYONE... thankfully, a kid we know from church walked by RIGHT after. He's going into first, but as luck would have it, he had Ms. Martin last year, and G has her this year! She seems very sweet. He came right in, signed himself in, picked up his name tag, and went and got a book to read. He was really excited! Sat right next to the teacher in Circle Time and happily waved and blew kisses as I left. Then I fell apart, walking down the hallway and crying. I still can't believe he's in regular SCHOOL. It's been a long time. He's grown so much, physically as well as emotionally and academically. Wow.

(Password for web page is 'cracker')

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

omg, you took pictures?! that's too cute!

 
At 1:50 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

You HAVE to take pictures on the first day of K. It's required.

 
At 3:49 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger cheddah said...

awwwwww, the pictures are so cute!

and yes, Andrea, you have to take pictures. my mom has some of me getting on and off the bus, at school, etc.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home