my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm a killah

If you're a softie on vermin dying, stop reading right here.

I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Well, I'm elated to report that I trapped 2 rats in the basement on Tuesday. I had noticed some of the insulation falling down and wondered what that was about--until I spotted a long fallen piece near the garage door that had rat poop in it (too big to be mouse poop). I set some snap traps, and ah! victory. I will persevere. There is no food for them to get at (well, the dog food is in Costco laundry detergent barrels that show no rat-chewing marks or holes), so I don't know what they're living on, but they're clearly happy hanging out in my basement. This will stop. (yuck)

5 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Viv said...

A rat snap trap ... are those the ones that are the size of your foot?

Like this?

 
At 9:00 AM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Yup, those are the ones! I only have 2 going right now; I think I'll buy a few more and pepper the basement with 'em.

 
At 12:59 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Viv said...

Eeek! I've never seen a rat in person ... and I don't think I ever want to!

 
At 1:06 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

They're OK... when they're dead.

 
At 12:24 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger cheddah said...

they're actually not bad when they're in a controlled environment (alive and in a cage) but don't try to be nice - those buggers will bite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home