my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

It just never is easy!

Went to my swim class (first meeting) today. The pool was empty of water when I went a week and a half ago, a little panicked as I'd missed the first 3 classes. Turns out they were refurbishing it.

It looks a lot the same--which is to say, blue and clear and wonderful. It is outdoors, so no choking chlorine smell as you're trying to swim.

Anyway... after the class, I went to the admin center to try to get my free hang-tag for parking (pay 50 cents each time) and my sticker on my Peralta I.D. Every single time I try to do this, it takes 2 or 3 stops. Usually at the beginning of the semester, it's "We're not doing that here yet--you have to go to room A102 to pay and then come back to get the hang-tag." This was far enough into the semester that I was confident I could do it all in one place.

Not so. Got my hang-tag OK (after paying my fees--$16 for the whole semester!--which I'd tried to do online but their system freaked out), but when I asked for the sticker, I was sent...

to the library. Sure, that makes sense. I go to the info desk, see a printed note that says to go to "Loans" for the sticker, and make a left turn. The nice man at the Loans desk goes to put a sticker on, and then says, "Uh-oh, you have an old card (I haven't gotten a sticker in a few years). You have to get a new card at the student center." I turn to leave out of the doors facing the student center--and no, you can't go out that way, that would be too convenient. So I leave by the doors opposite, walk around the building, into the student center, up to the 4th floor, and get my photo taken (wet hair again!) for a new ID card. Geesh.

In the end, it is pretty much worth it, as I get student discounts for taking one measly P.E. class a semester. (shrug)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home