my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Sunday, November 27, 2005

And a great weekend.

Really had a great time this weekend. G has been behaving very well (I don't have to knock on wood, because he wasn't perfect, lol) and it's been very pleasant.

We managed to do three hikes in three days, so I could try out the three backpacks I'm considering for my France on Foot trip in Spring 2007 with my sister. G was a real trooper, and Maddy is thrilled (and sleeping soundly now!). We also got a little shopping done, something I enjoy immensely, including buying a new hard drive for my ancient Mac, to boost its capacity from 70 gigs to 160. I won't know what to do with all the space!

We ended our evening, after G finished all his homework from last week, with a game from our Dr. Seuss 4-game Treasury. G beat me handily and we both had a great time trying to see if the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz was the right card for capital Z.

On to Monday!

3 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger snarfdog said...

Wow! I need you to kick my butt, and get me out hiking, etc. Right now Hockey and chasing babies are my only exercise.

 
At 4:58 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

(chuckle) You have to remember that these are hikes with a 5-year-old. That means: less than 2 miles, often about 1 mile, with a good-sized stop in the middle for the obligatory snacks. But it is nice to get out into nature. :)

 
At 10:29 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger snarfdog said...

I don't know - I have a feeling Graham can outhike me. I'm pretty much wuss material at this point. Oh, and yum, snack. I could go for a snack at the 1/2 mile. Can we do that with hockey? Snack between periods?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home