my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, April 22, 2005

Shopping therapy: it's not a myth

Work has been pretty stressful lately. We're trying to freeze our software, and it's come down to my bugs holding up the process. So of course I run into bugs that should be pretty speedy to resolve, and no, there's this and that hangup and conversation with a coworker, trying things out, trying new things, blah blah blah blah!

Anyway, while things build, my eyes shift to Netscape. "Hm, wonder if Overstock.com has that lightweight down comforter I've been wanting to buy? Will the price be low enough?" and just the act of shopping for that comforter, which won't really be useful till next fall I suspect, fills me with calm. Hey, these two are the same price--what's the difference? Fill power? Cover? Baffle type? Is it "down and feathers" or real down? Wait, that one is Dry Clean Only? I'll pick the Machine Washable one, thank you.

Each visit, picking and choosing, makes me happy. Then I can try to find that pesky incorrect depth value again. I score a 7% discount, no minimum, and I place my order. Cool, that made it so shipping was like 30 cents. I think I can go all afternoon on this high!

It's a sickness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home