my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The kid's a homework fiend.

Those of you who know me well will not be surprised when I write that I am not the best at getting my kid to do homework every night. He gets 7-12 sheets of homework to do during the week, given to us on Monday and due Friday morning. On Monday, it seems interesting; but by Tuesday night, it seems insurmountable. And on Thursday, our possible catch-up day, I always have choir practice. (Fortunately, our terrific new childcare person is willing to do homework with G, so that's a great thing.)

Anyway, this morning, I had him do some sheets while he ate breakfast. He was like an assembly line, finishing one and asking for another. One sheet has him draw an "r" or "R" in a box to complete a word like Robot or Rug. Another has him count the items, write the number once, and then write it for practice several times next to that. Still another has him circle the pictures whose names begin with "r." Some of them are not mind-numbing but he loves to do them all.

Thank God.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

wow, we were talking to a woman from malaysia who was telling us that her son has papers due. for kindergarten. he's FIVE YEARS OLD, for frick's sake! he can barely spell! papers?! i was flabbergasted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home