my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Predictable

We're leaving Southland mall and I look up to see a gal in a Hummer with the door open. What made me look up is the of her cup hitting the ground. No, not a mistake; she was done with it. So she chucks it. I called out, "There's a trashcan right over there" and pointed one out. (Sure, partly to be an ass, but partly to point out you have a choice). She ignores me. They pull out and I realize they were in a handicapped space. $20 says they didn't have the decal nor plates.

And as we leave it seems like they followed us closely for a while (hard to see in the rain). Jerks.

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, November 29, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

omg, wtf?! parking in the handicap spot without tags is my biggest pet peeve. you have the tags, you can park. i don't care if you look "normal".

my wish for xmas: the ability to summon a (competent) cop whenever i need one.

 
At 4:26 PM, November 29, 2005, Blogger Viv said...

For the zillions of times (no exaggeration, I swear! ;) I've seen non-handicapped people do that, I finally saw one who got ticketed, and she tried to argue the ticket.

How do you argue something like that? "No, officer, I'm not *really* parked in that spot." ?

*scratches head*

People are lame.

 
At 7:55 PM, November 29, 2005, Blogger Dharma said...

since my stepdad does have a handicap tag, he and my mom are fantical about this sort of thing, regardless of whether or not they "need" the spot.

he has been known to write down license numbers and report them - love that man.

 
At 2:52 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

ooh, he reports them, what an excellent idea! i wonder if they get ticketed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home