my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, December 05, 2005

Sunday

Samantha reminded me I haven't blogged since Saturday. Can it be true! It can, it can!

Well, Sunday was basically a blur, or really, a cold-induced haze.

I got up, got my bod into the shower, put on some nice-ish clothes, all while feeling like I was enclosed in someone's jello salad. Thought about going right back to bed many times. Finally grabbed the half-and-half for Sunday coffee hour outta the fridge, got us into the car, and dropped it off at church, only to walk/stumble back out and go home and to bed. I half hoped someone would say, "Oh, just leave G; we'll take him home after," but I really didn't run into that many folks who were possibilities. G was sad, but I explained that I hadn't yet figured out how to clone myself, so this was all I could do.

Went back home, made some tea, watched videos, knit a bit, dozed a bit. G watched a Rugrats video, honestly, 4 times. Geesh. I made a pot of tea and settled us in to watch Harry Potter 2, after G insisted it was too scary for him--but I pointed out that HP3 was not too scary for him, and I know it's WAY scarier than HP2. In the end, he was just fine.

About 3PM, I realized the cold was really not going to give way, and sent out notes that I wasn't going to be able to make it to hockey practice. In the past, I've shown up sick and the sick feeling absolutely disappears when I get on the ice (you'd think skating your butt off on ice-cold, well, ice would make you feel worse, but no). This time, it didn't feel like that would happen.

Then Allison brought by some of the leftover turkey soup from Saturday's Advent Crafts Fair/Turkey Soup Supper at church that folks had simply left behind. Yum! So glad to have a healthy dinner with no effort.

So Sunday was kinda a nothing day. But I did half-finish a gift scarf.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger heather said...

sounds like you got some good out of it though, and took care of yourself. good for you!

 
At 12:15 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

Good Greef! 4 times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home