my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, June 19, 2006

Red is FUN.

As I started undressing after our (crappy) Green game last night, Doris from Red popped her head into our dressing room and asked if anyone could stay and play in Red, as they had a Maybe who wasn't coming after all. I said, "Uh, I could" and she was so grateful (how sweet! without even seeing me play).

I ended up playing opposite Jena and Andrea! Yikes. They were in their usual form, Andrea slapping hard goal shots from the blue line and Jena whipping past me with the puck as if I were a ghost. But it was damned fun to play. I ended up in a forward line of Steph and Sue C, and skipped a rotation when we had a penalty, for which the offensive coach apologized. Heck, it was fine to get a break, as I'd played 7 minutes continuously at the end of our game after one of our D rotation hurt her back!

I had been afraid that Red would be thousands of times faster and way cleaner. At least last night, it wasn't. It was definitely faster (in a mostly fun way) and nicer play, but there were still some mistakes made that made me feel at home. :) And I learned a lot! I am really feeling good about trying out for Red this fall. And will need many soft shoulders if I don't make it, after having a taste of it now. Yippee!

6 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

You always have my shoulder.

 
At 9:52 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger cheddah said...

i'm sure you won't need my shoulders in the fall!

it was SO GOOD to see you yesterday! :-D wheeeeee!

 
At 2:49 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger -april said...

you played a great game with us. I hope that you had fun!

 
At 6:28 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

you did great! it was fun tangling with you again. =D

 
At 1:02 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger snarfdog said...

I will cheer you through the try outs, and if on the odd chance you don't make it (you will), you can definitely borrow my shoulder.

 
At 2:46 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

You guys are so sweet! Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home