my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 08, 2006

More updates

I realize I've been updating less and less lately. I'm going to try to have an update every other day at least. And will also try not to be boring. :)

I have no idea what we did on Saturday. I think it was one of those Nothing Scheduled But Completely Busy days. Oh, we I did set up the tent and we slept there Saturday and Sunday nights. It was pretty fun!

Anyway, on Sunday, G had one of his last Soccer class/games. He did really well. I mean, not well for what I expect from him, but better than that. He has a really good instinct about facing the ball and a damned good foot (really booted it away from someone and toward the goal at one point). And he really likes it. Last time, he said he didn't like it because he got so sweaty. (snort) So this time, I made sure he got plenty of cool water for his breaks.

Then we packed up and set off for hockey. Without the portable DVD player (damn those freaking thieves! I think they got our 2nd-hand Gameboy too!), I had to be creative. Packed a bunch of Color Wonder pads and pens (thanks, Liz & Andrea!), his tape player with music tapes and books on tape, and lots of snacks. It worked--he really stayed busy the whole game. In fact, he didn't want to go back to the locker room with me afterward.

The game was really good. Our Evite had said 10 players, but 1 got stuck in the same godawful traffic we got somewhat stuck in (I got to the game about 1 min after it started), so we had to free-sub for a bit. Then she arrived and we could switch full lines, which was nice.

We dominated almost the entire game--and lost. Just didn't get it into the net. We really didn't shoot as often as the other team, I think. I'd know if one of us had managed to get a scoresheet to the game! New resolution: allow even more time to get to games on time, and make damned sure I have a score sheet for Fremont games.

That night, G started scratching his arm while falling asleep. I reached out and felt it, and it was covered with bumps. Thus began The Week Of Itching.

Note that The Week Of Itching does not belong in the month of wonderfulness. At all.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, June 08, 2006, Blogger heather said...

uh, yeah. the week of itching surely belongs to some other month. did you figure out what's going on with the bumps? he alright?

 
At 9:33 PM, June 08, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Yes, more time to get to Fremont honey. You know how traffic is around here - silly woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home