my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, May 22, 2006

It gets easier.

I never got a call back from Sisters with Brushes, so I just called again. It was much easier and she seems quite reasonable. They do dishes and change sheets, too!

Last weekend, I was at an annual meeting for our Northern California/Nevada Conference of the United Church of Christ. (woo, I just came out as a church-goin' Christian to some of you.) At one of the worship services, the minister asked each of us to turn to a neighbor and share our 'edge'--a place that is hard for us, where we are desperately trying not to fall off into an abyss. My neighbor shared that her church, which has dwindled drastically, is considering selling its building/land in Redwood City in order to garner much-needed funds so they can regroup and re-create their church. Huge. I shared that I had started therapy. Couldn't believe how hard it was to say it. And it is hard, but I think it is good. The first interesting thing I discovered was that my depression, while mild compared to what some friends were/are going through, dates pretty clearly back to when G was first showing his challenging behaviors at school. His behaviors are a lot better but my general adjustedness is not. I hadn't expected that.

Onward and upward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home