my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Counting my blessings... again

I was driving G to school (barely on time, again), had just made the turn onto the 2-lanes-each-way street near ours, and a woman pulled out from the curb to make a U-turn across the street (HUH?). I had time to hit the horn and then brake like crazy. We still hit. Argh.

No injuries, of course, but how freaking annoying. She admitted it was her fault the second she jumped out of the car (it was).

Like our theft 2 weeks ago, it could have been plenty worse. She or I could have been going faster, have a worse angle, God forbid ptui ptui ptui she could have hit G's side and injured him, etc. Oh, and she could have claimed it was my fault. Or a car behind us could have hit us.

But, like the theft 2 weeks ago, which also could have been plenty worse, it is just freaking annoying.

Dammit. I'd like to stop counting my blessings.

6 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger heather said...

um. theft?

 
At 2:56 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Oh honey!!!! That SO sucks. I'm sorry. Need anything?

 
At 3:00 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Queen H, see above--splained in full detail...

Dharma--thanks sweetie! We're OK. Will probably get a rental car tomorrow.

 
At 3:32 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger heather said...

ack. i can't believe i glossed over the fact you actually *hit* each other. glad you're alright!! and be sure to get a luxury rental vehicle with the works. you deserve some pampering.

 
At 9:40 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

Oh I totally agree with Heather. Get something really cool, like um a jag, then let me drive it :)

Glad you two are fine! You scared me for a sec when dharma told me. Hug each other a little tighter for me tonight.

 
At 8:09 AM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Gandksmom said...

How scary! I am glad that you are both OK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home