my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Saturday, August 12, 2006

An evening of "wow"s

"wow" I can't believe I'm going out dancing by myself.

"wow" I actually feel pretty calm about it.

"wow" I don't think I could have done this 2 years ago.

"wow" I can't believe I was so caught up looking for the address that I turned the wrong way down a one-way street!

"wow" There sure are a lot of different women (and two young girls) here!

"wow" The dance instructor has purple hair... and hoop skirts!

"wow" C&W Waltz is super easy... but not 100% easy.

"wow" This is fun.

"wow" I forgot how zen it is to be a follow... I have to not lead. Even when she is too easy.

"wow" Already, someone I know (from soccer).

"wow" Ran into someone I knew from high school (SoCal) and haven't seen in twenty-five years! I can't believe we even recognized each other from back then!

"wow" The woman I'm dancing with now looks so much like Daphne that I can't speak--I must look horrified. She looks so much like her that it's giving me PTSD. (Thank goodness partners in this dance change really fast!)

"wow" I'm having fun.

"wow" I'm sweating like crazy.

"wow" I'm tired--time to go already.

"wow" I'm totally going back. Still can't believe I ran into someone from high school!

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, August 12, 2006, Blogger heather said...

nice work!

 
At 10:55 AM, August 12, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

wow is right

 
At 1:40 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

how cool! i'm impressed by your evening of wows. may you have many more. =)

and good for you for getting out by yourself!

 
At 9:06 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger wen said...

that's great!

i assume you took zoe's class, from the hoop skirt and hair description. she was my old latin dance partner a few years ago, and we taught together for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home