my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Saturday, July 29, 2006

What panic looks like for me

I just had a fleeting thought as I passed through my bedroom, upon spotting some magazines: I wish I could just stay home tonight and go through my Martha Stewart Living magazines and rip out the articles I want to keep.


Moronic. Do I want to go on this date? Yes. Do I think it'll be awful? No, quite the contrary.


So what is up? I am feeling pressure--that I'll have a big zit/break my shoe*/get too tipsy/spill/talk with food in my mouth/drive badly on the way to the restaurant. Wow, now I'm more nervous. Crap!


*actually happened on a date: stepped off the curb in my FMPs and broke a heel. Had to go into a Chinatown store and buy some cheapie shoes for the rest of the date. Agh! I loved those shoes. Couldn't walk a foot in them today.


Those magazines are looking pretty good right about now... but not good enough!

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, July 29, 2006, Blogger heather said...

just breathe, and be yourself. if she's a good match for you, you'll charm her silly. if not, well at least you had a night on the town.

 
At 6:51 PM, July 29, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Oh honey. That desire to stay home was definitely fear/panic/nerves. You are always charming, interesting, quick witted. It's going to be great. And you wore a great dress!

 
At 10:33 AM, July 31, 2006, Blogger wen said...

how did it go???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home