my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I had a date!

I put a personal ad on craig's list (now expired) and got 2 serious responses. The wild redhead from SF just stopped replying but the interesting El Cerrito mom kept emailing.

We met for coffee a few Saturdays back. Dharma and her gf watched G for me. I thought it would be about an hour, and didn't want to overstay my welcome with them.

So the gal and I talked for about an hour. At the end of the hour, I realized there was really no chemistry and that I was starting to recognize traits in her that I'd seen in other dykes that I really didn't care too much for. But it was fine--she was interesting and we had a good conversation. But the hour was up and I said I needed to get back, so we said good-bye and parted.

Dharma and gf said, "Oh, that's too bad!" when I said there was no chemistry.

Ha! It was fine. It was a first date after a long time of no dating and she could have been

  • Completely annoying
  • Totally boring
  • Painfully shy

...or one of many other things. A great start to getting back into dating, I think!

8 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Very true Amy. I do agree that is an excellent way to get one's feet wet. i was just hoping for a little fun, not a relationship for Miss Jennie.

 
At 3:34 PM, July 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so why haven't you called our friend? hmmmmm?

r

 
At 4:31 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

You haven't???? I agree with R, call her.

 
At 5:18 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

I'm nervous! But okay, I'll call her... tomorrow.

 
At 12:19 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger snarfdog said...

Way to go Jennie!! I'm proud of you for getting out there.

 
At 8:44 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger wen said...

Good attitude. :) It could have been WAY worse! Good for you for getting out there.

 
At 9:31 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

So did you call her? Our friend, that is. Hmmm? No pressure or anything. Maybe she'd like to meet up with us on Sunday.

 
At 2:34 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

yay, go jennie! good for you for getting out there. keeping my fingers crossed for you. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home