my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The new dumpster's here! The new dumpster's here!

And I'm in it! (name that movie reference)

It's not as big as I'd remembered, but I also remember it not being that easy to fill up. It is very, very exciting.

I have had an assignment from my therapist to go around the house and simply bag up papers and put them downstairs, to start getting rid of that clutter. It isn't hard, but she did say to just bag 'em up, period, and I am doing some sorting (garbage, recycling, not paper but I know where to put it). I am thrilled that this is getting done. Yeah!

I recently realized that I don't need to keep bags of donations upstairs, either. I had done this so that I could catalog them and have a list to just staple to the donation receipt. Well, I have a digital voice recorder, so I could just dictate into it and transcribe it upstairs at my leisure.

I had better truck these to Goodwill tomorrow so I have room for more donations from Saturday. Phew.

But--the new dumpster's here! I am so happy. (Also that they delivered it in the middle of the day, when no one was parked at the curb in front of my house, so it's right. there.)

6 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Orange Tangerine/Wordplay? Sorry I was just reading her yesterday. I'm sure you mean something else, but I still working on my first cup of joe. Back to reading the actual posting.

 
At 9:53 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

I am so impressed and inspired by the work you've been doing.

 
At 9:55 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Actually, it's paraphrased from The Jerk, which I didn't so much like, but "The new phonebooks are here! And I'm in it!" really stuck with me.

And thanks. Really. So much.

 
At 11:02 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Ah. I don't think I have ever watched the entire movie, but that is a good line. I can see why it stuck. You are so very welcome

 
At 11:59 AM, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm picking out a thermos, for you
Not an ordinary thermos, for you"

I love that movie.

 
At 6:16 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

I loved that movie. And I knew exactly what you were talking about. Love Steve Martin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home