my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Kitchen: glowing; bathroom: glowing; self: tired.

I had Sistahs with Brushes here on Saturday to whip my bathroom and kitchen into shape. And did they ever. With a grand total of 13.5 woman-hours of work on Saturday, they scrubbed both rooms within an inch of their lives. Went through what must have been 40 rags, washed them, and used them all up all over again. I honestly didn't think those rooms could get that clean and they honestly glowed and gleamed. In the midst of it, I had to make many hard decisions about what to keep and what to throw away. I still have a small bag chock-full of papers to go through and file, either in manila folders or in the recycle bin.

I also dropped off 8 paper bags of donations at Salvation Army and have the equivalent of 14 more stacked in my living room. I would love to go through them, listing the contents into my digital voice recorder (that thing is worth its weight in gold) for typing in later, but... I am too freaking tired. Maybe tomorrow.

In the end, many, many good friends helped out, before, during, and after, and I salute you with all my heart.

Plus, I rediscovered my dining-room table, no small feat.

10 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, July 02, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

I wanna see!!! Go Jennie! This is awesome work you've been doing.

 
At 8:25 AM, July 03, 2006, Blogger heather said...

i'm so proud of you, jennie. i know you're not done, but you've accomplished so much already, so i hope you feel proud, too. :-)

 
At 9:48 AM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks, you guys. It is really... different! Sound echoes in the kitchen because there is so much less stuff.

 
At 11:26 AM, July 03, 2006, Blogger snarfdog said...

Wow, maybe I should have them come here, and you too. I seriously need decluttering. Good job!

 
At 6:14 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

Gotta say, from what I saw that day, it is bee-u-ti-full!!!

You're awesome Jennie!

 
At 8:26 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger -april said...

wow... I'm trying to do this right now, but I'm going at a snail's pace. :-( I wish I was a super woman like yoU!

 
At 9:08 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger wen said...

That's great.

I e-mailed one of the environmentally safe type cleaning places advertised on ba-sappho and they never got back to me! (I wanted to give my neatnik gf a present of a housecleaner after the construction is done on her house.)

How much do Sistahs cost? It sure sounded like they did a great job!

 
At 9:32 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Wen, they cost $35/person. This job (probably not every job) was 2 people, 2 hrs minimum. So the whole day cost about $475. Well worth it; they worked and worked and worked.

 
At 9:16 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger wen said...

Cool, thanks!! :)

 
At 9:16 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger wen said...

Cool, thanks!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home