my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Coming out to my child

My ex-boyfriend from college is in town. He emailed me to see if we could get together. We met for dessert last night. He is a sweet, intelligent, kind man to whom I'm glad I'm not married. There are things that would drive me crazy if I were married to him that I can laugh off now. I am really glad that we are still in touch, though. He is a good one.

On the way to our meeting place, I told G that N had been my sweetie.

"How can he be your sweetie? He's not a girl!" he protested.

Ah, coming out. It's never finished.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, July 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! How did he get the idea that your sweetie has to be a girl, do you think?

Dale (not anonymous, but I don't have a blogger account since I do lj)

 
At 2:31 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

I think that's so funny!

 
At 2:55 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Dale, I think he just saw me around so many female couples, plus we see my ex-gf all the time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home