my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Get a load o' me

Went to my swim class at Laney today. This one is TuTh, whereas the previous classes were always MoWe. So this teacher is not one of the two I've had before. She's the relatively-new swim team coach and water polo coach.

The previous classes I've had, we did the mile swim early on (or, how many laps one can finish within the 50 class minutes) and recorded our progress (decreasing time or increasing # of laps one finished), getting out of the pool with jelly legs.

This class had a workout up on the board that totaled more than a mile. We finished half of it. She stood and talked to the group of us forever. Half a mile is not a great workout. argh. This better get better.

Oh, but as to the title of this post: a woman in the lane next to me kept her fins on the whole time, instead of shedding them after the first two segments, as the teacher said to. She asked me, "Did you swim that without fins?" after a segment. I said, "What?" and then, "Um, yes," and she said, "You are so fast!"

I have traditionally been slow as mud. After only 7 (or maybe it's 8) classes, I am finally fast compared to someone.

That's worth the $15 per semester fee right there. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

You go honey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home