my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Saturday, August 26, 2006

suggestibility

I was chatting with Liz about Red tryouts yesterday, and she said something like, "Watch your crossovers and backwards skating."

I didn't think more of it till I was out on the ice at Oakland Ice for "Lunch Bunch," their midday open skate, today. I realized I had a memory of doing really good crossovers, including pushing with the lower/under skate--and that I'd never actually done that.

I must have dreamed it. Wild.

But then I got a chance to do crossovers on the circles on the ice, as there were very few skaters out, and I did pretty darn well, thank you very much!

Then, as we're driving home from watching a fun Maroon game, I see a billboard for a Cadillac Crossover.

OK, that's a bit much.

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, August 27, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Isn't a "crossfire"? I'll have to check. But signs nonetheless.

 
At 8:37 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger heather said...

pretty sure it's a crossover. saw that billboard on SB 880 near broadway on sunday. and then i smirked.

 
At 8:49 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Yep. Crossfire is a different car. Same billboard, QueenH; you're right!

 
At 3:20 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

lol, i've had those crossover dreams...not that they've helped in the least bit. *pout*

what, just thinking really, really hard about something doesn't make it happen? hrm, no wonder i haven't lost any weight either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home