my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, April 27, 2007

Ya missed it, Andrea!

My first goal in Red, and it was a doozie. The pucked flipped into the corner and I charged after it. I'd gotten pretty good at crosses in front of the net in Green, so I screeched to a stop and tried to do a cross at the same time. It was a tough angle, but somehow, the goalie's stick was out a bit--and it bounced off of the inside of her stick and INTO the goal! Amazing! One of two goals in a largely scoreless game (2-0, yay us and thank you, subs!).

Hard to settle down after excitement like that.

5 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, April 28, 2007, Blogger snarfdog said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like it was a well earned goal.

 
At 6:35 AM, April 28, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

WOOHOO! That goal rocked. :D

 
At 1:40 AM, April 29, 2007, Blogger andrea said...

nice! sad i missed it, you'll just have to score a lot more. =D

 
At 1:37 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Viv said...

Oh! Very very awesome! Congrats!

 
At 10:01 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

Zowey! Colour me impressed. Hard to settle down indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home