my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's the little things, part 273

Just checked my dryer, and the load of towels and sheets in there were dry.

Thank God! I shrieked.

You see, just last night I had the back off the dryer, trying to figure out what was making it not dry my clothes. While I was looking at the back, I checked the vent pipe to the outside. Saw a white circle. What is that? I thought, and reached through the pipe to poke it. It was the flap--but was sealed shut to the house. I pushed harder, and it popped open, reluctantly. Apparently, this was the key, as nothing I did in taking off the back of the dyer was successful at retrieving the hypothetical glob of lint I though was blocking everything.

Before unblocking the vent, it took 3 runs at 70 minutes to dry my clothes. Now, with a load of towels? 1 run. I was envisioning $200 house calls from appliance repairmen.

Phew.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, June 16, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

Oh honey! 3 cycles? Man that sucks. Not only did you save yourself the (non)repair bill but your electric bill should drop as well.
(my verfication is figeze lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home