my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's the little (red) things

At TJ's last night, I thought I'd spring for a little bottle o'vino. At the checkstand, I looked up and spotted a display of a new label they've started carrying. The description of their Carménerè* intrigued me, so I sprang for a bottle (a whole $3.99; right in my range!). Their Frequent Flyer says

*Can that be right? My French background says it should be Carménère...

Panilonco Carménerè is a great representation of Chile’s flagship red wine. Once thought to be Merlot, Carménerè has concentrated blackberry flavors with hints of mint and a vanilla-oak background. It’s an excellent wine to enjoy with lamb chops or grilled sausage.

See, my review would just say, "Oh yeah, yummy. Get some."

I did laugh when I woke up to see a half-full glass on my nightstand (my first glass). I am not a good drinker. (Fortunately, I have friends who can carry the load for me.)

In any case, it was really nice to have a little "adult break" at home.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

Adult time, how lovely for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home