my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Question for my cubicular friends

How do y'all deal with the urge to sing along to your tunes? I'm working
in The Fishbowl at work these days, because my computer decided to
reboot randomly, which makes it hard to get anything done, especially
when a) it tends to reboot when I'm compiling or running programs, and
b) it thinks the C: and D: drives are dirty every freaking time and it
must inspect them closely.

So here I am in the fishbowl, with my chair and my iPod and little else.
Found that my iPod with earbuds and these weird little clip-on
extensions to the earbuds that make them actually stay in my ears
make for a pretty sweet musical setup that won't bother passersby. But I
do get the urge to sing along!

Don't some of you actually share a cubicle? What about the singing? Tell
me, tell me do.

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger heather said...

haha. how perfect. here i am, totally rocking out to train, fighting the urge to sing.

i tap a lot. my hands, my feet, my legs. and sometimes if i can't help it i end up whisper-singing along to the song.

good luck with your computer!

 
At 6:56 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger andrea said...

you could just break out into song like my former manager does. everyday, we get a snippet of some 80's rock. definitely lightens up the mood. =D

 
At 8:15 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

At least you can carry a tune. People would shoot me if I sang aloud. Yeah, tap, bounce, definitely "whisper-sing".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home