my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, August 27, 2007

Taking care of oneself, Part 2

I was having a very bad week last week. My car was ransacked (although TG, nothing stolen), I had dirty laundry sorted and in piles on the bathroom floor for a week, can't figure out how to teach my son how to clean his room, etc. Just feeling sucky as a mom and as a human being.

Then I talked to my therapist and she pointed out all the ways I am actually taking care of myself. I am tired of being fat and of my low stamina, and have started my twice-a-week swim class at Laney. I have put myself on a yarn diet after spending SO much on yarn/knitting in the past 3 months. I decided I wanted sex, and went out and found it, safely, and with very good results. I was tired of dishonesty, and found that being honest with people was refreshing and uplifting (e.g., I was supposed to call someone to meet up with her, and was just too nervous. Realizing that made me actually feel better and make time to call her).

So the rest of the stuff was what my therapist calls a tantrum. And boy, was it. And in the end, I was OK. Nothing stolen from the car, I got my shit together and did the laundry, I have a new plan for the boy's room, and so on.

And today, I got a copy of the police report from the previous time my car was ransacked and stuff was actually taken so that I can get credit for the FasTrak transponder that was taken, and turned in the cable modem I've paid approximately $240 for, in $10/month installments (the one I bought that has a nice, fat rebate having worked out just fine).

And you know what? Taking care of me is actually fun!

3 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, August 29, 2007, Blogger snarfdog said...

Good for you Jennie. I need to take a page or two from your book. You deserve a pat on the back. Turn around. Pat, pat, pat. There ya go. :)

 
At 7:10 PM, August 29, 2007, Blogger yarnslinger said...

You go girl!! Taking care of yourself is never a bad thing!

xo

 
At 7:43 PM, September 02, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

Yeah you. Sorry too tired for a major response but I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home