my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hidden advantage

I was just perusing the posted "sample schedule" for Lair of the Bear, getting excited about going this summer (Oski Week 3! she pipes up in her best sorority voice), and noticed the notation about the staffer/camper inner-tube Water Polo match.

I played in this last year, subbing in as someone got tired, thinking, "Why not? I'm competitive and you don't have to actually float." I did OK, calling for passes, swimming with my hands and feet to make a run forward, and (because I am competitive and a bad person) doing my best to up-end a staffer's inner tube.

But this year? This year, I can actually pass, catch, and shoot a water polo ball. Yet another advantage of powering through this cheap ($15 per semester, plus 50 cents/class parking cost) class that is also building muscle. (Tuesday, my legs were all wobbly as I left the pool. I love that.)

Dude, we are so going to win this year.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, February 28, 2008, Blogger snarfdog said...

So what's the difference between Camp Blue, Camp Gold, and Camp Oski?

 
At 12:35 PM, February 28, 2008, Blogger Jennie said...

Camps Blue and Gold are the original two camps. The tents are scattered across the hillside.

In Camp Oski, there are four rings of tents, each around a good-sized fire ring. So the parents can put the kids to bed, settle around the nice fire (firewood provided), and chat with the adults, in their tent circle. It also has the best pool (and NO tennis courts or softball diamond, which I see as an advantage).

 
At 3:30 PM, February 28, 2008, Blogger Dharma said...

You? Competitive? Really? I would have *never* guessed. smirk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home