my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, April 22, 2005

As if

I'm not enough for the world, we seem to be overrun with Jennies. Which would not be a big deal if I weren't casting about for a domain name, more for vanity than anything else.

Which leads me to a tangent, as so often happens in these blog entries: there is a fabulous children's book by MercerMayer that features a West Highland White Terrier named "Jennie" who repeats at the beginning, "There must be more to life." Is there more to life than one's own domain? Oh and Soopahviv, if you're the softie you claim to be, this book will make you dissolve into tears. It does for me--each and every time.

Anyway, so I periodically try out domains to see if anyone owns them yet, and the blasted Jennies of the world have invariably beat me to it. Just today, I tried (no links because damn, they don't need the extra web visits!) www.planetjennie.com and www.jenniesworld.com and both are taken (not that I care for domains that imply missing punctuation, but thought I'd try). Suggestions welcome, of course. Extra points for funny suggestions.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, April 25, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

jennietude.com, jenninator, fecalmatter...wait, better not, you'll get all the wrong hits.

uhm, vanheuit.com?

 
At 2:50 PM, April 25, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Trust me, *no one* can spell it. I made that mistake years ago, with jvanheuit as my login name. Not worth it.

As for fecalmatter, you know where you can put *that* idea! :p

 
At 4:30 PM, April 25, 2005, Blogger Viv said...

fecalmatter.com is long gone, yo!
jennieisdarox0r.com
:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home