my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Musing on roommates

Mom's in Bhutan on a trip. I was just reading over the itinerary and saw that there was a $25 daily supplement for singles. I bet she offered to have a roommate this trip to save that $$. I hope she got a good one.

She had 3 roommates--really, suitemates--at a recent weaving conference. One was certifiable. She wore a necklace with a good-sized (6-7") stuffed bear on it. The bear had a name and my mom was expected to address the bear each morning (which, I think, Mom refused to do). The woman dressed the bear in a new outfit at least once a day, and chatted about the outfit. I think she even claimed that the bear "wanted" to wear a certain outfit. Oh. My. God.

I really, really hope Mom got a good roommate this trip. But who could top the lady with Beary?

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger heather said...

wow. yeah that bear is going to be hard to top.

 
At 7:38 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

serves her right for going on a weaving trip! ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home