my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I am liking this method of shopping.

My sister wanted something from the Container Store. I went to their website only to find (after I'd registered, dagnabit!) that the item cost $8.50 and would cost $6.50 to ship. No way, Jose. The closest stores are in SF (ugh, time), Walnut Creek (closer, but dammit, we were just there on Sunday!), and San Jose (Santana Row, which is charming, but still far).

Got her the aforementioned fork, sitting here on my sizeable heinie. Wanted to buy a gift certificate for a friend from a store that's local but not a hop, skip, and a jump. Emailed the store from their website, and lo and behold, I can call with my credit card number, and they'll mail the GC to me (or to whomever I choose). Again, still sitting here.

I think I only have 2 more people to buy for. Unless I forgot someone, which is very possible. (sigh) Now, to wrap one hundred million presents and send ninety million of them...

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, December 13, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

yes, the intarweb is very nice. now if only i could make up my mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home