my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I am nearly done!

Just bought two more gift certificates online today, and went to a local bookstore in search of something else and emerged with Martha Stewart's "Quick and Healthy" cookbook that I'll give my dad instead of the Costco hardback thrillers he asked for. (Hey, he's the one who cooks in their family anyway, and he's always saying he likes to eat healthfully.) (I also bought a classic Elizabeth Zimmerman knitting book; hard to resist!)

Now all I have to do is finish off my nephew's present and I'll be ready to finish wrapping and ship my sister's and dad's family's gifts.

It is really nice to be so close to that precious finish line. OK, off to wrap Graham's teacher's shrug! And practice flute for the Christmas concert. And read to my son.

I wonder why I'm so tired!

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, December 14, 2005, Blogger snarfdog said...

Woo hoo! Good job. I'm so jealous. I'm nearly done, but have those few difficult people left.

 
At 12:04 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

oh @#$%&! i have 10 days left to buy stuff and four of them are busy, then liz's parents are here.

i know dec 25th is the same time every year but it really feels like i'm on fast forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home