my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, January 30, 2006

A glimmer of hope

I took a later lunch today so that I could stop by G's aftercare to check on his smiles. He got three out of three! -ish (the tiny note next to "cooperate" has a smiley "except for clean-up" and then a frowny face).

I gave him 3 quarters (but warned that next time he gets a smiley/frowny, he won't get the quarter). He was thrilled. He knows he can buy stuff at the local toy store from 25 cents on up, and they have super cool stuff. A quarter is a big deal for him.

Maybe this will do the trick...

3 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

Oh what a way to start the week! I'm so glad honey. And I'm really jealous that a quarter is a big deal. I want to be that age again! Oh okay so at times I am, but really, I want a quarter to be a big deal again!

 
At 2:41 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

OMG does that mean I can tell him 'here's a quarter, call someone who cares' and he'll say 'but I already have 3!

 
At 2:56 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Yes, that's exactly what it means! Actually, he'll say, "Can I still have that quarter?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home