my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Oh, sure, I'm the crazy one.

I keep mulling over something my mom said while she was visiting over Christmas vacation. I was hauling up a sizeable basket of clean laundry from the basement and she started folding it.

Then she suggested I narrow down my clothes and have fewer of them. "Then you won't have so much laundry to fold," she concluded.

I'm still shaking my head. By my calculations, if I have half the pairs of underwear, aren't I doing laundry twice as often? How is this a benefit? I seriously do not get her logic.

And no, I'm not throwing out half my underwear.

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger heather said...

that's excellent.

 
At 10:36 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

how about you just not fold the laundry? then you wouldn't have to fold so much!

 
At 12:11 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

See, Andrea, you're just a problem-solver! I do like that idea.

 
At 2:08 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger snarfdog said...

You could just not wash it, but we don't want to go there.

 
At 2:17 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Oh honey. Your mom sure comes up with some doozies. Please don't throw out underwear - unless it's ratty, doesn't fit, or is otherwise ugly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home