my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, January 16, 2006

Dream snippets

From last night. (Background: we have the class guinea pig staying with us. When I open the cage, I have to lift his little shelter even to get to him, and when I pick him up, he makes noises that sound like a tiny dog being tortured. A friend assured me it's a happy noise; doesn't sound like it. When I put him back, he scrambles to get back into his shelter in his cage.)

I go up to the cage, and Mikey run out of his shelter and comes up to the cage door, head up and ready to come out. Wishful thinking; he graced me with his nose peeking out of the shelter today. Sigh.

Talking/arguing with my mom, I get so angry that I just stand there, pulling my hair out, as hard as I can, over and over. She doesn't care. So strange; we're not even fighting right now. PTSD from some of the scenes at Christmas?

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Not sure if it's PTSD but I'd say it's an accurate reflection of some of the feelings we all have about our mothers. Wishing you more fun dreams.

 
At 1:22 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

Hey, I finally got caught up on your blog! Impressed ain'tcha! The guinea pig thing cracked me up. Yeah they sound like something caught in a bicycle spoke. Gotta love them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home