my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Perhaps I can actually do this job.

Apparently, the demo went flawlessly. My part worked just fine. It was received beautifully. And perhaps, just perhaps, the pres of our company, who seems to always think that my stuff doesn't work, just maybe he thinks my stuff sometimes works.

In sharp contrast, today I worked with one of our last FORTRAN programmers, who has forced himself to first learn C and now C++ to launch himself into the modern(ish) age. I created the interface he needed for a command-line program he's been working on. I took some liberties with his design specs and created the interface in front of him on a RAD tool (Rapid Application Development, woo hoo! Programmers are so exciting, aren't we?). I explained the different parts and we planned the next step, and when we were done, he just couldn't stop praising my work and knowledge.

Maybe I'll encourage him to talk to the pres.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger heather said...

congrats on the demo success!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home