my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

First Spring/Summer game

The season's first Green game was last night. It was SO great to know Susan's always going to be on my team, rather than last season's squad shuffling--sometimes I'd play with her, sometimes against her...!

Several former Green players showed up (Sue Coakley, Steph, Andrea with Liz). So great to see them all! I'm almost done thinking, "Dang, Andrea's really late this time. When's she going to get here?"

We had full benches on both sides, but only one goalie (ugly visions of last season looming). Argh. The game went very well, though; even though we could not put a puck in the net, we took tons of shots. I tried my hardest to lift the puck over Nora's stick into the net, but most of the time, there were just too many bodies in the way! At one point, though, I had the puck in the corner and put a sweet cross to Susan, who took a gorgeous shot. It is so fantastic when things click like that--having someone be exactly where you want her to be. Yeah!

Nora's team is very strong. Several 'new' players have clearly played, or at least skated, a lot before. We'll see how the season works out. It should be fun. I was pleasantly surprised by several of our new players that I picked without really knowing who they were. And next time, I'll actually arrive on time, with a full roster in my hand!

3 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

you guys looked really good, i think you have a strong team as well. pretty good positionally and a number of strong newbies too.

 
At 1:21 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger snarfdog said...

It was so much fun (despite my bitching.) ;) I had a great time and am looking forward to playing with you all season. Not looking forward to playing against TQ though. :(

 
At 3:21 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks, Andrea!

I know what you mean about TQ, snarfy. She's going to be a PITA this season.

Great to play with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home