my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Noah's freakin ark.

Came home tonight to find that my basement is flooded by about 6" of water. Argh. This is even worse than during El Nino, which prompted me to get my little pump that is pumping its little life out trying to empty my basement. I'm frustrated that I didn't even notice when we stopped home after work/school. I think it'll take at least 3 hours to pump the water out. Heck, there might have been a few inches of water this morning I could have pumped out.

Why did people plan driveways that slope down from the street, and then only put crappy-ass French Drains in them? Because French drains are crap. Why didn't I get a sump pump put in last month? I think I have/had a bag of plaster of Paris in the cabinet at the back of the garage. It's now, surely a hard lump of plaster. (sigh) At least I already moved the twin box spring out of the car area and up on saw horses.

ARGH!

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, April 12, 2006, Blogger heather said...

ack! hope not too much got ruined! what a mess. my basement got flooded once when i was about 10. other than dealing with the water and damaged goods, i hated it mostly because that's where the "fun" room was and i couldn't have fun for like 2 weeks.

 
At 2:08 PM, April 13, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

why? because CA architects are crackheads and missed the class where they covered drainage.

 
At 10:32 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

I agree with Andrea. It is a bizarre thing that I noticed when I moved here. I don't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home