my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just a pair of old ladies

K and I recently realized that as we lie in each other's arms and gaze on each other's faces... that our faces are blurry. We have to get 13" apart (we are a curious pair and I own a tape measure) to focus.

So the other day, we both got out our reading glasses and put them on. And happily gazed into each other's eyes from about 8" apart. And giggled incessantly.

I love growing old gracefully.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, September 26, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

LOL! that's it, i renew my effort to get my eyes fixed. =D

 
At 4:21 PM, September 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg that is so sickly sweet. and so romantic and adorable. why can't love always stay like that? ahhhhh.
rae

 
At 7:27 AM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute are y'all???? Ahh, I remember those days of discovering everything about the new person in your life...enjoy.

louisiana swamp rat (who is on beta blogger and can't comment unless it is anonymously)

 
At 6:02 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

I'm with Rae, sickly sweet. I think we have these early days that are so amazing to get us through the years down the road when life intervenes, necessarily, much more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home