my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, September 01, 2006

Who am I?

I've been exercising 4-5 times a week lately. I've also been annoyed if something got in the way of my exercise. I've lost a size (wow) and have definition in my calves and a bit in my thighs.

I can be elated... and thrown by this. This is not me, or at least not who I have been, practically my entire life. I do remember running 2 miles maybe 3 times a week in the mornings in high school. And being somewhat athletic in college, with all the marching (hard core) in Cal Band, plus some intermural soccer.

But overall? I have always been the slowest runner, nearly always the heaviest among my friends, the one most likely to be drawn to unhealthy foods when we went out.

And now, I think when I eat and I actually enjoy salads, simmered spinach, large amounts of veggies.

And when I think of it, it feels very weird. Very new. Very not me.

It's like a jacket that I like but rubs my shoulder whenever I wear it. Odd but maybe, in the end, OK.

4 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

good for you! and not always unhealthy food, you did eat the grilled cod at IHOP. =)

 
At 8:14 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger heather said...

good work, yo!! it's still a nice result with its own benefits, isn't it? i still get tripped out by the fact that sometimes (since i've lost weight) the veins on my hands and wrist pop out, because my arms are more toned. so weird, but good.

 
At 6:05 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger wen said...

jennie--life makeovers are good! and speaking of that, how's the decluttering going? i got a couple of requests to open declutterbug up and so i'm inviting other kindred spirits to post there. send me your e-mail address (i can't believe i don't have it, but hey, it's probably lost in the mess lol) and i'll send you and invite in case you want to participate at some point.

 
At 10:26 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Jennie, this is so great. Can't wait to see you! BTW, we are *finally* home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home