my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, November 06, 2006

Nearly forgot

K just called me and asked if I'd blogged already. Oops! Day 6 and I nearly missed it.

I'll document G's weekend this time. Karen picked him up at Y-Kids with his booster seat and took him to their place. I'm sure he watched lots of cartoons (they have cable!) and ate a good dinner. Dharma says he didn't end up sleeping on their floor but rather in his sleeping bag on the twin bed in her office. They got him to school on time (no mean feat from their house through morning-commute traffic!) and his booster to Y-Kids, and the dog (and suitcase, I guess!) to our house.

Friday, my ex's spouse picked him up from Y-Kids and retrieved the dog from our house. G went with her to their new house that has so much roooooooom and an even better view (and the view from the old house is not too shabby). Both of them--heck, all three!--thought I'd been there before till I finally remembered they were watching G once and had an errand to run at the new house, so brought him along with. It is lovely and light and the kitchen is wonderful, with polished granite counters.

We smushed kid, dog, and all related stuff into K's car (barely!) and carted all back to my house. K helped us unload and then we said our goodbyes.

Sunday, I felt an awful but familiar pain in my gut and visiting the bathroom confirmed my fear: definite signs of a UTI. I stayed home from church and G and I didn't get out of our pjs all day. K came over after an exhausting day, got my Kaiser card, and sweetly drove to Oakland to pick up my phoned-in prescription from, God bless them, the phone nurse.

Then we knit together while watching CSI and snuggled off to sleep. The End.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Happy to have him over. Glad you were able to get away. N & C moved? When, how did I miss that? So sorry about the UTI, most unhappy but should be feeling better by now with the script, yes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home