my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, August 03, 2007

Do you see the steam? Do you see it?

Well$ Farg0, which has been fine for my mortgage so far, has changed their online billing program to a new server. They have been sending nearly threatening emails for several months now. I finally got my ass in gear and set myself up on the new system. Aack! It set up payments for September! It was going to skip August, as I understood the old system to be done as of July. I tried to do a one-time payment on the WFB site, and it was going to charge me like $10 to do it. To pay them.

So, I went on my trusty USAA.com website, and found I could schedule a payment, one time, there.

Imagine my panic when I get an email from WFB today that says that they've processed my August payment (and again, this old system is going offline--as if I need another reminder). I go online at USAA, and can't cancel that payment. I called WFB. Entered a million keypresses. Got transferred to the wrong department. Got transferred back--and cut off. Called back and ended up listening to a lot of Spanish. Called back again and got a very slow guy to whom I explained the whole thing, carefully, and he say, get this:

"Oh that old system. You don't have to do anything."

Um, yes, yes, I do, unless you are going to HAND ME my mortgage payment back.

Predictably, WFB was useless. USAA says the check has been created and I can put a stop payment on it. WFB will probably charge me a bad-check fee.

feck.

Update: Now I see why I was confused. I have an email from 7/5 saying that the site is retiring as of 7/12/07. They are so going to pay any and all associated fees. Dammit.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, August 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just switch your mortgage over to USAA?? They do have great rates!

 
At 9:14 AM, August 07, 2007, Blogger Jennie said...

That is true, but my mortgage is 5.5% fixed, no fees. USAA's best offer is 6.25% with points, and fees totaling $5k...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home