my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, December 03, 2007

I got a point!

At our game last night, I felt, again, like I could actually do something on the ice. I can chase down the puck and sometimes win it, make a pass that connects, send a cross that's placed well, and even shoot! Not score, but that is coming (and I am still basking in the glow of my first Red goal, 'lo these many games ago... it was a sweet one).

In last night's game, I shot at the goal and it was deflected into the corner. I chased it down, followed by other players, and crossed it fairly blindly in front of the net. Steph was right there and shot it into the corner of the net... Tweet! It was a goal!

That felt especially sweet, since I had

  • Shot
  • Caught my rebound
  • Made a cross that was in front of the goal (rather than behind or bouncing off the goal, or way too far from the goal, or right into an opposing player's stick), and
  • Connected with my teammate.

I think I might be catching on to this thing called hockey. Yahoo!

(On the other hand, I really need to work on my speed. I was chasing down a loose puck that was sliding towards their goal, skating my ass off, and Carolyn went past me as if I were practically standing still. Wow! (Nice work, 'poof!)

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, December 10, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

How exciting! I wish I could have been there to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home