my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Saturday, October 20, 2007

She really was the Best Dog Ever


Best Dog Ever
Originally uploaded by RenaissanceWomn
Maddy collapsed last night when I got up to go to the bathroom. She didn't seem to want to go out, so I encouraged her to go back to bed. She collapsed again this morning and didn't want to eat.

At the vet's, they found a mass on her spleen and that she was bleeding into her abdomen. Her color was bad and she clearly was in a lot of pain.

I miss her so much.

7 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, October 20, 2007, Blogger snarfdog said...

I'm so sorry Jennie. I know that's a tough one, especially being so sudden. At least she's in a happy place romping with all her other friends.

 
At 3:01 PM, October 20, 2007, Blogger yarnslinger said...

Hugs Jennie...it's not fair that they only get to be with us for such a short time...

 
At 7:07 PM, October 20, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Jennie, I agree she was the best dog ever, always a warm greeting, always alot of love. I'm sorry for your's and Graham's loss. If you need company of the dog variety, Claire would gladly play. But she too will miss her.

 
At 8:46 PM, October 20, 2007, Blogger Carolyn Bierman said...

I'm sorry, Jennie. :( *hug*

 
At 3:05 PM, October 22, 2007, Blogger wen said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your sweet doggie. big hugs.

 
At 5:52 PM, October 28, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

She really was the best dog ever. I miss her too.

 
At 6:49 AM, October 29, 2007, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

I cried when dharma told me.
She helped me to heal when I was missing my dogs. She just seemed to know that I needed all her doggie love. She was special that way. I miss her very much. Much love, Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home