my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, May 02, 2014

Beach and city walk: St-Malo

On May 2, we walked through the city to Rick Steves' favorite crêperie and then went to the beach for a while. They have a sea-fed pool that Charlie insisted on dipping his foot into. I think even in midsummer, it would be cold, cold, cold.

Charlie asked me to take photos of the beautiful designs in the sand made by the retreating sea. The tides are significant here--when the tide is in, and you look over the walls into the sea, it seems like you'll never see the bottom. When it's out, you can walk to one of the farthest islands. You take your chances if you don't watch for the tide coming in!

Charlie asked me to take a photo of the city street, as it looked like something from Assassin's Creed (video game) to him.


Tide out meant you could walk all the way to the far island. I think it's Petit Bé.

The receding tide made beautiful patterns.

Charlie climbed high. I was happy to be on the ground, taking the photo.

Charlie dipping his foot into the cold, cold saltwater pool.

He asked me to take a photo of the receding water carving an edge in the sand.

Crazy people, contemplating taking a dip off the high dive.

The whole pool. I think even in hot midsummer, it'll still be bone-chillingly cold.


Charlie wanted me to take this photo. Said it reminded him of Assassin's Creed and some building's he's "climbed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home