my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Not much happening here today

Not much to report today. Had a bit of a scare this morning. Charlie went into the shower and half blacked out, it seems, possibly from the heat and/or steam. Said he felt dizzy and couldn't see for a bit. As he got out, he couldn't  figure out how to turn the shower off (to be fair, it's tricky--you put the lever between the two extremes of 'overhead shower' and 'flexible handle') and had to call for me, whereupon I got nice and soaked, like all the towels and some of his clean clothes.

I sent him to bed for 10 minutes with his eyes shut and cleaned up the bathroom. His breathing has been a little odd lately--why can't I have a normal asthmatic?--so I've been having him do his inhalers morning & night, and I had him do them right then. Then we just stayed in for the day, with me leaving only to do a little shopping, including buying a tiny plant for Lidia downstairs, who saved us this morning with her toilet plunger. She's the woman who let us in the first day and was super helpful. Toilet problems averted, in any case.

I'm hoping to go out to dinner tonight. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home