my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

What is up with dads?

What is up with dads always trying to get you to eat stuff? Viv's dad is intent on making her eat shrimp when she doesn't want to. My dad drove me (and himself) insane once, trying to make me try some clams. I have tried them, I don't like them, and yes, I'm sure; don't ask me to try them again!

Last weekend, my sister cooked some frozen salmon. There wasn't quite enough for all of us (me, sister, dad, stepmom, stepsister, stepsister's fiance), so we cooked a few hamburgers too. Yum, the burger was good; I haven't been eating a lot of beef. But my dad starts getting on my case to eat some salmon. "Have you ever tried it?" "Yes." "Have some!" "The only time I liked it was when it was really, really fresh." (said while my sister was out of the room so as not to hurt her feelings.) "This is really good; you should try it!" I did have a tiny sliver and it was not pleasant. (The pesto on it was, though--yum!) I just don't care for salmon. I adore trout and most other fish.

AGH! Will that man ever leave me alone? He can't rest until I try food he thinks is tasty. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home