my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, September 19, 2005

Freaking ankle.

It happens the same way every time--always on a weekend, always when we're out & about all day. My ankle starts feeling tender, then starts hurting, I start to limp... and we're not at home where I could just take it easy. (I also choose not to leave wherever I am because the ankle doesn't seem that bad and I don't want to miss anything.)

I keep limping, it keeps hurting, and then when we're finally home, it gets a lot worse. If I don't take a strong anti-inflammatory when it starts ramping up, forget it. It gets so bad I find myself moaning and doing birthing breathing ("hee hee hee hooooo") from the pain.

So yesterday, we had the church picnic, then the couple selling me my new kitchen island came & dropped it off, then we went to a church member's housewarming-after-fire-and-rebuild party. When we finally got home, it was bad, and I took 1 pill. An hour later, still bad; I took another pill. An hour and a half later, it's still bad, and I don't want to overload my body with another pill, so I take 2 extra-strength Tylenol and a beer. Since I'm a lightweight, I know the 1 beer will make me very sleepy and, from experience, know that the pain will be gone by morning, no matter how awful it gets during the night.

Well, the pain isn't completely gone, but mostly, and dammit, I'm seeing a doctor at 2:15 today, because I'm sick and tired of this.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

ack! you better be in shape for tuesday's practice! but if you're not, you better not even try to get on skates! in that case, just be ready for the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home